Second City Church is a community that worships God and celebrates the gospel and both of these are connected to missions, to going out with the good news of Jesus. We do this going in everything we do, from choosing music on Sunday and preaching, to having neighbors over for cookouts, to supporting missionaries around the world and works right here in the city of Harrisburg.
Here are some of the works that Second City supports:
- New City School and Logos Harrisburg – After some years of dreaming by many here at Second City Church, this school was started three 2.5 years ago to reach the children of Harrisburg with high-quality, Christ-centered education. There are now 2 preschool classes and a kindergarten class and the school is now officially affiliated with Logos in York. The school is located right in our building and our church supports the school in many ways.
- Bethesda Mission – Bethesda Mission has long been alight in our city, bringing hope for many people that find themselves down-and-out in the city of Harrisburg. As part of our local missions endeavors, there is a team that goes and leads worship at the mission (located just 8 blocks from the church) every first Sunday evening of the month.
- Paxton Ministries – Paxton Ministries is a Christ-centered ministry that provides housing and support services for adults in need, many of whom are challenged with financial needs, mental illnesses, and intellectual disabilities. Paxton both comes to us as a church sometimes and blesses us with their presence, but we also go to them and help lead worship at the Paxton home on Paxton street.
- InterVarsity Penn State Harrisburg
- Hope for the Inner City – Seeking to partner with like-minded works around the country and to learn form them, Second City has partnered with Hope for the Inner City in Chattanooga, TN. Beyond giving to this work, we have sent a team this past year to work alongside them and to earn from them.
International. The international missionaries that Second City supports are all located in areas that are too sensitive to have on our website. They are all doing medical missions and church planting. Please keep them in your prayers.